We all know someone who is a tanning freak and wants their skin color to always be an appealing tip to the top. Might be, you are one yourself.
However, even when tanning, there are different ways and methods to get the job done. Nude tanning is one of them.
You don’t necessarily have to be clothed and modest when getting your tan because your skin is all in one piece, isn’t it?
That’s one aspect. But there are many important facts that make tanning clothless a better option.
This article will walk you through everything you need to know about tanning naked in a tanning bed or under the sun.
Why Tanning Nude is better?
Tanning is a process which involves the UV rays having to touch every inch of the body you need to get tanned.
Let’s see why nude tanning trumps all other methods.
- If you have been to tanning, you might be knowing how troublesome tan lines are. Most people who get themselves tanned end up with tan lines all over places where the skin overlaps or the UV rays can’t reach.One such key area of concern is bikini areas, where everything is covered with a piece of cloth, tan lines are unpreventable in most cases. It is not very easy to remove tan lines very fast. But, tanning nude will never give you this headache.
- Nude tanning is more comfortable than tanning with clothes. Some people are naturally prone to allergies arising from compact clothing while UV exposure, especially sweat. The accumulating sweat then gives birth to allergies.However, you will never have any these issues if you plan to tan without clothes.
The Downsides of Nude tanning
There are two sides to every picture and just like that, nude tanning does too. Apart from its pros it also has some cons that you need to know before making your decision wisely.
- The penetrative UV rays are ruthless. Without clothes, some people have experienced getting sunburned faster than normal. Researchers are still working on the science behind it, but if you have a tendency to get a sunburn fast, nude tanning might not be for you.
- Some areas on your skin, like the ones around your genitals and breasts, are very easily burned. This is because the surrounding skin is very sensitive and not normally exposed to such radiations. Therefore, it can also result in a bad looking burn later.
- You cannot opt for nude tanning anywhere you want. You need the proper privacy and atmosphere for it. Especially because of the unavailability of proper places outdoors, not everyone can nude tan under the natural sun and will have to opt for a tanning bed.
The downsides do not mean you have to completely disregard the idea of nude tanning even when you want to. There are certain protective measures that you can undertake to reduce any health risks and get done with the process easily.
- Take it slowly: You don’t have to rush the process. The very first time you do it should not be your last. If you are in a tanning bed, you might consider staying in for a shorter time than you’re supposed to be.
- Consult a tanning specialist: Specialists with experience and exposure will guide you to a regime that will keep you protected from any kinds of sunburns.
- If you’re tanning nude in the sun, I’d suggest you use lotions and moisturizers before lying naked. Most sunburns and allergies are caused because of dry and flaking sun and lead to burnt skin. Moisturizers, however, will prevent any such happening.
- You can also use a sunscreen in the starting days of your regime to test yourself. You will slowly get to know the acceptance limits of your body and then you can fix your time and exposure in the sun according to that.
- Wear eye protection glasses at all times. This is very important even if you are tanning in a healthy tanning bed. These protect the area surrounding your eyes and also prevent wrinkles underneath them.
Nude Tanning: Outdoors vs. Indoors
Nude tanning can be performed in the atmosphere of your choice. It can be from your nearby tanning salon or in a pool or a seashore.
But what is better? Outdoors or indoors? Y
ou can’t say until you know the facts for yourself.
Indoor nude tanning is normally performed under the supervision of tanning specialists and in tanning beds. In this case, you don’t have to think too much about any calculations or timings. Why? The specialist is there for you.
This is precisely why most tanning enthusiasts prefer tanning clothless in indoors.
There are some benefits of nude tanning indoors with tanning beds:
- You don’t have to disturb your schedule. Any time free from the routine will work.
- Privacy is the biggest advantage you are getting here. You can do it in privacy and not worry about prying eyes.
- Most of the sessions are calculated with time so you don’t have to worry about overdoing it either.
- You don’t have to worry about getting sunburned.
But I have to warn you that if prolonged, nude tanning indoor poses many health risks. It is more than the natural method done under the sun. However, with the right guidance and supervision, it can be prevented. One such right guide is here: Indoor tanning tips by Tan Vogue
Therefore, it is necessary that you choose the right tanning salon near you with experienced staff and adequate resources.
Sunlight can be the villain in this otherwise cool tanning method. Tanning outdoors does not necessarily involve any supervision and just your own passion is more than enough to get the best results.
There are a few benefits of tanning nude in the outdoors
- You don’t have to fall prey to artificial UV rays that can sometimes be disastrous for health.
- It offers you the best aesthetic feel. You can enjoy different views all the while you tan e.g beaches, valleys, mountains.
- Especially during winters, the warmth in sun tanning is a great relief.
- No extra costs are incurred. All you have to do is lie down in the sun. It’s free.
It can be performed in your own backyard or beaches reserved for this purpose. Nudist beaches must not have been a thing before but now are growing increasingly in numbers. However, those beaches may be suitable for only a limited few who are no insecure being naked around other people.
For the others, you will have to choose a spot in your own homes e.g backyard or rooftop to maintain privacy and comfort.
Moreover, it might also sometimes be hard to find a spot with adequate sunlight pouring in and also matching other parameters.
Apart from all that, you will have to do your own calculation and maintain timings for nude tanning outdoors. Remember, you should not go for tanning two days in a row without clothes on. Also, you will have to find the best combination of products ranging from sunscreens to outdoor tanning lotions to assist you in the process.
Tanning without clothes is not a taboo and a legit way to get the best tan out of the sun or a tanning bed. However, it varies from person to person to choose the method of their liking based on their skin types and availability of places.
I put together all my knowledge and experience for you to make a wise choice.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing that smile on your face after having a wonderful tanning session.
My name is Stella Cristin, the owner of Tan Vogue. I am in love with beauty and health products. My great passion is to help people learn about tanning. Read More